Exclusive: 'MTV Movie & TV Awards: Greatest of All Time' will honor Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore with its GOAT: Dynamic Duo prize.
A traditional MTV Movie & TV Awards ceremony might be on hold, but the network will still honor a classic cinema pairing at its special Greatest of All Time event.
EW can exclusively reveal that pop cultural icons Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore will be honored with the GOAT: Dynamic Duo award during Sunday night's show.
Since 1998, the legendary screen team's romantic comedy films have collectively grossed $450 million worldwide, including grosses from The Wedding Singer (1998), 50 First Dates (2004), and Blended (2014). Their shared history at the MTV Movie & TV Awards includes two victories, one for Best On-Screen Team for their work in 50 First Dates, and the other for Best Kiss following their performances in The Wedding Singer.
As previously announced, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Hart, Gal Gadot, Kevin Bacon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Selma Blair, Jason Segel, Kristen Bell, and William Zabka will also receive accolades during the upcoming Greatest of All Time broadcast. Though MTV has yet to reveal which actors have won which awards, fans can begin to make assumptions based on the list of categories that will be presented during the program: Scream Queen, Legendary Lip Lock, Dance Your Ass Off, Heartbreaking Break-Up, Comedy Giant, Zero to Hero, and She-Ro.
Across the 90-minute show, host Vanessa Hudgens will help recognize the biggest and best moments in film and TV from the 1980s through the present day. The Princess Switch 2 actress is also set to introduce exclusive footage of highly anticipated 2021 releases during the broadcast. Sia, Steve Aoki, and Travis Barker will perform.
MTV is planning a more traditional return for the MTV Movie & TV Awards with a weekend event takeover next year, with details to be announced in the near future. In August, the network successfully launched the 2020 MTV VMAs featuring pre-recorded performances and awards speeches from the likes of Lady Gaga, The Weeknd, Miley Cyrus, and more.
The MTV Movie & TV Awards: Greatest of All Time special airs Sunday, Dec. 6 at 8:00 p.m. on MTV.
- MTV Movie & TV Awards to air Greatest of All Time special with Vanessa Hudgens
- 2021 awards season calendar: See new dates for Oscars, Indie Spirits, more
- EW's 2021 Oscar predictions: Nomadland, Mank lead early race
- Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore reunite for MTV Movie & TV Awards special
- Natasha Perez on playing Yolanda Saldivar in Selena: The Series — 'I'm not her!'
- Christian Serratos on playing Selena in new Netflix series: 'I don't want to let anyone down'
- First look at BET's The Christmas Lottery, which features an LGBTQ couple and a mother with dementia
This story originally appeared on: EW - Author:Joey Nolfi