MLB star Trevor Bauer accused of assault, pitcher calls relationship consensual

Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer is facing an allegation of sexual assault. The 2020 Cy Young Award winner's attorney claims it was a “a brief and wholly consensual sexual relationship."

A woman obtained a temporary restraining order against Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer after she accused him of assault – but the All-Star says it was consensual, rough sex, a new report said.

Marc Garelick, an attorney for the woman, told TMZ that the order was granted in Los Angeles on Tuesday. Cops are probing the allegations, TMZ reported.

“We anticipate there will be criminal action against Mr. Bauer, and it is our hope law enforcement will take our client’s allegations and case seriously,” Garelick told the publication.

But an agent for the Dodgers hurler said the basis for a protection order was “fraudulent” and any accusations the encounters weren’t consensual were defamatory.

Bauer and the woman had “a brief and wholly consensual sexual relationship” starting in April 2021, Bauer’s attorney Jon Fetterolf said in a statement posted to Twitter by ESPN reporter Jeff Passan. The agent claims to have messages showing the woman asking for rough sex, including asking to be “choked out” and slapped in the face.

“In both of their encounters, [the woman] drove from San Diego to Mr. Bauer’s residence in Pasadena, Calif. where she went on to dictate what she wanted from him sexually and he did what was asked,” the statement said.

“Following each of her only two meetings with Mr. Bauer, [the woman] spent the night and left without incident, continuing to message Mr. Bauer with friendly and flirtatious banter.”

Trevor Bauer’s attorney said the pitcher and the woman had a “consensual sexual relationship.”
Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

ESPN removed the name of the accuser from the statement, Passan said. The woman shared photos of herself and said she was treated for a concussion after her last tryst with Bauer, the statement said.

“Mr. Bauer responded with concern and confusion, and [the woman] was neither angry nor accusatory,” the agent stated.

The Dodgers released a statement that said Major League Baseball would be handling the matter and added that the team takes “any allegations of this nature seriously.”

Bauer, 30, is in the first year of a three-year $102 million contract in LA he signed after stints in Arizona, Cleveland and Cincinnati – where he was awarded the Cy Young last year.

This story originally appeared on: NyPost - Author:Mark Lungariello

Follow us on Google News