The Yankees cancelled batting practice prior to Thursday’s game against the Red Sox in The Bronx while the team underwent further COVID-19 testing
The Yankees-Red Sox game was postponed Thursday due to another COVID-19 issue with the Yankees.
Pitchers Jonathan Loaisiga, Nestor Cortes and Wandy Peralta tested positive, Yankees GM Brian Cashman said, with three other tests pending.
Major League Baseball said the decision came “after positive tests within the New York Yankees organization… to allow for continued testing and contact tracing.”
No makeup date was immediately announced.
After players went on the field in The Bronx for pregame activities, the Yankees cancelled batting practice while the Yankees underwent further COVID-19 testing, a team spokesperson said.
Earlier in the day, the Cortes and Peralta were placed on the COVID-19 IL. Loaisiga was placed there Saturday.
In May, the Yankees dealt with a COVID outbreak that sidelined Gleyber Torres. Eight other members of the organization tested positive at the time, including third base coach Phil Nevin, who missed over a month dealing with the effects of the virus.
This story originally appeared on: NyPost - Author:Dan Martin