Kate Gosselin stands by her claims that Jon Gosselin is “abusive.”
“I am done hiding and will say this unequivocally: Jon is a violent and abusive person,” she told People of her ex-husband and father of her eight children on Wednesday, nearly two weeks after their 16-year-old son, Collin, alleged his dad “beat” him in an Instagram post.
After the teen made the claims in the now-deleted post, Pennsylvania’s Berks County Child & Youth Services began looking into the incident, but later told People, “No charges or citations were filed as a result of that incident. We are not investigating at this point.”
A rep for Jon, 43, also denied the reality star was ever physically abusive.
“No charges have been filed against him and there’s no ongoing CYS investigation,” the rep told E! News last week. “Collin has endured severe trauma. Jon is a loving father who has worked hard to ensure that his son gets the support and help he needs.”
However, Kate, 45, said she is not accepting that the investigation is over until she hears from CYS herself.
“Until I receive the letter from CYS about whether they’ve deemed the allegations founded or not, it’s ongoing,” she told People. “My contact at CYS has not told me otherwise. If this doesn’t qualify as assault, I don’t know what does.”
Jon and Kate divorced in 2009 after 10 years of marriage. After the show, Collin attended a program for children with special needs. He and his sister, Hannah, moved in with Jon, while the rest of his siblings live with Kate.
Jon’s rep did not immediately return a request for comment.