Online beauty influencer “Ethan Is Supreme” has died of a suspected drug overdose, according to his family and closest friends. The YouTube star, real name Ethan Peters, was just 17. The Texan, famed for his flamboyant makeover videos, was found dead in bed by his father, Gerald Peters, at 11 a.m. Sunday, the dad confirmed …
Online beauty influencer “Ethan Is Supreme” has died of a suspected drug overdose, according to his family and closest friends.
The YouTube star, real name Ethan Peters, was just 17.
The Texan, famed for his flamboyant makeover videos, was found dead in bed by his father, Gerald Peters, at 11 a.m. Sunday, the dad confirmed to Fox News.
While there has not been an official cause of death, his father told Fox he is certain it was an overdose — blaming the “cancel culture” that he said “weighed heavy on his heart.”
“He wanted nothing but to inspire, make people laugh and push the boundaries of what is acceptable in our world for all young people,” the dad said. “He was a kind soul, who accepted everyone for who they were.”
Fellow influencer Ava Louise shared a stream of posts about her best friend’s ongoing battle with addiction — insisting that it was just a small dose of the pain medication Percocet that ultimately killed him.
“2 percs killed my best friend. ONLY 2,” she wrote in a series of tweets mourning “my best friend in the entire world, my twin flame…..the only person there for me when I had no one.”
Louise said her friend “turned to drugs due to the pressure of being famous online at such a young age.”
“I had to pull Ethan aside in recent weeks and have talks with him about his usage. Everyone close to him was scared,” she said.
“I just wish I f–king tried harder I f–king wish I yelled at him more I wish I didn’t enable a single pill he popped,” she wrote.
“Ethan told me a week ago he wanted help…I wish I forced him I wish I yelled at him. I f–king wish I didn’t let him do pills in front of me. This pain is insane,” she wrote, calling him a “good f–king person” who “didn’t deserve to die.”
“Ethan had an addiction and addiction should not be shamed. I’m openly discussing his cause of death to save the next kid from a perc,” she said.
“He was so bright and so smart. He needed to live. He was more than his demons and you all are to. Please get help,” she said, sharing the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s hotline number: 1-800-662-4357.
Peters began his YouTube career in April 2017 and by 2019 had amassed more than 500,000 followers on Instagram and over 140,000 subscribers on YouTube, People magazine noted.
Before that, he’d built a successful meme account, Betch, which amassed 1.3 million followers before he sold it for $25,000 at just 13 years old, the mag said.
“After I saw all these boy beauty gurus become big and it just inspired me to start a new chapter in social media, I just wanted my face to be known,” he said in a 2019 interview.
His last Instagram post was a day before he was found dead, and included a throwback photo and referred to him previously being bullied.
A rep for Peters did not immediately respond to requests for comment, People said.