Tom Bergeron poked fun at how fast he had been replaced by Tyra Banks as the new host of “Dancing with the Stars.”
After exiting the series earlier this week, the longtime host of ABC’s dancing competition took to Twitter on Wednesday, joking, “I guess I won’t be getting back my monogrammed towels.”
Bergeron’s co-host Erin Andrews — who also exited the series — quipped, “You got towels @Tom_Bergeron??”
“I’m sorry this is how you had to find out #TerryCloth,” he replied.
On Monday, Bergeron, 65, addressed his departure from “Dancing with the Stars” on Twitter, stating, “It’s been an incredible 15 year run and the most unexpected gift of my career. I’m grateful for that and for the lifelong friendships made.”
ABC also confirmed Andrews, 42, would not return, as the show will “embark on a new creative direction” ahead of Season 29.
Banks, 46, who will also serve as an executive producer on “Dancing with the Stars,” spoke about the opportunity Wednesday on “Good Morning America.”
“I am excited about hosting and executive producing — getting in there, live TV, you never know what happens on live TV,” the supermodel said.
Banks, the previous host of “America’s Next Top Model,” is also the first Black emcee on “DWTS.”
“I like breaking those doors down so that we don’t have any more firsts,” Banks said. “But it’s nice to be first so that you can open that door and let so many other people in after you — so I’m excited.”
Former “Bachelorette” Kaitlyn Bristowe, who will compete on the upcoming season, congratulated Banks as she readies for the ballroom.
“Heck freakin yas Tyra! I always loved watching Erin and Tom, and I’m excited to be a part of this new chapter!! Tyra is a Queen. @tyrabanks,” Bristowe, 35, tweeted.