What is the Vita tax program?
What is VITA? The VITA Program (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) offers free tax preparation to low-to-moderate-income ($58,000 and below) people who would like a trained individual to prepare their tax returns. Certified volunteers sponsored by Northeastern State University receive training to help prepare basic tax returns for the community.
Where can i Free File my taxes?
eFile for Free
- File using a free online eFile provider (NCfreefile) – eligibility requirements vary
- Available for current year returns and payments
- Must access using eFile for Free links on our website – otherwise, fees may be assessed!
Where can seniors get free tax service?
- BakerRipley Gulfton Sharpstown Campus – 6500 Rookin St, Houston, TX 77074 (SW Houston Tax Help)
- BakerRipley East Aldine Campus – 3000 Aldine Mail Route Rd, Houston, TX 77039 (NE Houston Free Tax Center)
- BakerRipley Ripley House – 4410 Navigation Blvd, Houston, TX 77011 (Eastend)
Where can seniors get free tax preparation?
Online and in-person options from AARP, IRS and more
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE)
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- IRS Free File
- IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TACs)
- MilTax Filing Service
- Do-it-yourself online options
- Your local tax professional