Is there a new US dollar coin in our future?
Today, the United States Mint (Mint) is unveiling a new design depicting this pivotal moment in history which will be displayed on the reverse (tails) of the quarter-dollar coin beginning in 2021. The design will begin circulating following the issuance of the final coin in the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program.
What is the rarest United States coin?
Top Ten Rare US Coins
- 1913 Liberty Head V Nickel $4,408,650
- 1870 S Liberty Seated Dollar $1,959,995
- 1927 D St Gaudens Double Eagle $1,200,000
- 1794 Flowing Hair Dollar $825,098
- 1838 O Capped Bust Half Dollar $745,000
- 1933 Indian Head Gold Eagle $600,000
- 1817 Capped Bust Half Dollar $500,000
- 1797 Draped Bust Half Dollar $500,000
- 1901 Morgan Silver Dollar $425,000
What coins are used in the US?
- The cent (got to pay the sales tax) – mintage in the billions each year
- The dime – change for a quarter. Close or over a billion minted each year.
- Quarters – vending machine fodder, in the billion range
- Nickels – not as useful but just behind quarters.
What are all the American coins?
American currency consists of pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and a variety of bills.