Average Salary Information For Us Workers
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median wage for workers in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2017 was $857 per week...Read more
Average Salaries For Us Men and Women
The BLS reports that for the fourth quarter of 2017, men earned a median average of $49,192 while women earned only $39,988 or 81.3 percent of what...Read more
Average Salary Based on Education
Workers age 25 and over without a high school degree had median annual earnings of $27,612 at the end of 2017 compared with $37,128 for high school...Read more
How to Find The Average Salary For A Job
When you are evaluating careers or job searching, it can be useful to know what you can expect to make. It can also be a good bargaining tool when...Read more
Salary and Cost of Living Calculators
There are a variety of calculators you can use to find out what the average salary is for a job in your occupation and location of interest. In add...Read more
How to really raise wages?
- Provide quality pre-K education for children whose families could not otherwise afford it.
- Improve the K-12 grade school system, especially in low-income areas.
- Provide much more vocational education and apprenticeship programs.
- Raise the minimum wage.
- Tilt the playing field in favor of, rather than against, unions.
What states are increasing minimum wage?
- North Carolina
What is the current minimum wage in the US?
The federally mandated wage floor is $7.25 per hour. But the minimum wage is actually different around the country. Some states have a much higher minimum wage than others, and some cities are even higher than the rest of their states. The highest minimum wage is $15 in Washington, DC.
Why we shouldn't raise the minimum wage?
Why We Should Not Raise the Minimum Wage
- (1) It is simply not the proper role of government to set a minimum wage or regulate the labor market — even if it meant keeping people out of poverty. ...
- (2) The minimum wage is an assault on freedom. ...
- (3) The government establishing a minimum wage is nothing more than Soviet-style central planning. ...