There are no roses in Chris Harrison’s immediate future.
The longtime host of ABC’s “The Bachelorette” is temporarily stepping aside from his duties to self-quarantine for 14 days after dropping his son, Joshua, off at college in Texas.
Season 12 contestant JoJo Fletcher, 29, will step in to do the initial hosting gig at La Quinta Resort & Club in La Quinta, California where the series will be filmed this season, according to Us Magazine.
“The moment he got back, Chris was told he could not set foot back on the set until he went through another 14-day quarantine,” a show insider told Us. “The show’s contestants and crew all had to quarantine on the property for 14 days prior to the cameras rolling. But it didn’t dawn on Chris he’d have to do it all over again if he simply left to take his kid to college.”
The Post has reached out to ABC for confirmation.
On Tuesday, Harrison, 49, shared photos with his son at Texas Christian University on Instagram.
“Just like that he’s gone. Thought dropping the big man off at college @texaschristianuniversity today was going to crush me but all I could feel is pride and excitement,” Harrison wrote in the touching post. “Especially now, so grateful that they have this opportunity. Now go take on the world and have the time of your life my boy.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Chris Harrison (@chrisbharrison) on
Fletcher hit it off with “Bachelorette” contestant Jordan Rodgers and accepted a proposal from him on the show in 2016. While the couple has struggled since then — “Our first year after the show was very difficult,” she said this past June — they’ve found solidarity while living together in coronavirus-imposed quarantine.
“Jordan likes to do these projects with me, so it’s something that we, fortunately, get to do together, and so that’s a fun way for us to bond as well,” Fletcher said.
The host switch-up isn’t the only twist heading into Season 16. Two female stars, not just the traditional one, allegedly will be vying for a match made in reality TV heaven. Clare Crawley had been lined up in the series but reportedly left its quarantine bubble for unknown reasons. And it looks like “Bachelor” nation fave Tayshia Adams will take her place, according to reports.
A return date has not been set yet by the ABC show, which was supposed to premiere in May but was delayed due to the coronavirus crisis.