What are the three main functions of the cardiovascular system?
The four major functions of the cardiovascular system are:
- To transport nutrients, gases and waste products around the body
- To protect the body from infection and blood loss
- To help the body maintain a constant body temperature (‘thermoregulation’)
- To help maintain fluid balance within the body
How does the cardiovascular system work with other organs?
Blood circulates through your heart and through these circuits in a continuous pattern:
- The pulmonary circuit: This circuit carries blood without oxygen from the heart to the lungs. The pulmonary veins return oxygenated blood to the heart.
- The systemic circuit: In this circuit, blood with oxygen, nutrients and hormones travels from the heart to the rest of the body. ...
- The coronary circuit: Coronary refers to your heart’s arteries. ...
What are some interesting facts about the cardiovascular system?
Top 20 Fun Facts
- Red blood cells lack a cell nuclei, which allows the cells to carry more oxygen through the body.
- Some animal species, such as mollusks and lobsters, have blue blood rather than red.
- Humans and most animals have varying shades of red blood cells. ...
- There are no blood vessels in the cornea. ...
Which components make up the cardiovascular system?
What are the 3 main components of the cardiovascular system?
- Blood. …
- Blood Vessels. …